Powerball is an American lottery game, available to players in 44 U.S. states, as well as in the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The draw takes place every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 pm Eastern Time.
Do you live outside of the U.S.A? Would you like to purchase Powerball tickets? Buying your tickets online is the perfect solution. Lotto enthusiasts from around the world can now take part in the Powerball.
[Residents of the United States or United States territories, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, North Korea or Syria are NOT eligible to purchase tickets online through UK Lotto Club partners!]
The Powerball lottery always has a jackpot of at least $40 million, often rising to several hundred million dollars. If you don’t know how to play Powerball, here are the Powerball rules:
- Pick five numbers between 1 and 69 (inclusive)
- Pick an additional number (Powerball) between 1 and 26 (inclusive)
If you can’t decide what numbers to choose for the next Powerball draw you can always use the Quick Pick option. This option automatically generates random numbers for you. Make sure you pick your numbers at least four hours before the Powerball draw as that is when the sales close.
There are nine ways to net a prize in the Powerball. Prizes range from $4 to at least $40 million!
- Match 5 main numbers + Power Ball = Jackpot
- Match 5 main numbers = $1 million
- Match 4 main numbers + Power Ball = $50.000
- Match 4 main numbers = $100
- Match 3 main numbers + Power Ball = $100
- Match 3 main numbers = $7
- Match 2 main numbers + Power Ball = $7
- Match 1 main number + Power Ball = $4
- Match Powerball = $4
The jackpot is won by matching the five white balls and the red Power Ball. It will increase at a minimum of $10 million after every draw that fails to produce a jackpot winner. Jackpots have been known to rise to $1.58 billion! Should there be more than one Grand Prize winner the jackpot will be divided equally among them. All other prizes, from $1 million down to $4, are fixed prize amounts and are paid in full to each winner.