Is this the greatest Christmas ad ever? This video from Spain dates back to 2015 and was advertising the Christmas Lottery, Loteria de Navidad. However, it is still considered to be one of the greatest Christmas advertisements of all time. Here at UK Lotto club we just think it is one of the greatest advertisements, period!
The ad tells the story of Justino, a lonely overnight security guard at a mannequin factory. Justino passes the time each night by playing with the mannequins. He goes round setting them up in unusual poses for the factory’s daytime staff to enjoy. There is a great twist at the end of the ad as the daytime staff repay his kindness in an unexpected way.
At three and a half minutes it is lengthy for an advertisement. It plays out a little bit like a Pixar short movie. It is hard to deny the sentiment of the video though as it beautifully encapsulates the spirit of Christmas.
The Spanish Christmas Lottery – Loteria de Navidad will take place on 22 December 2018 with €2.38 billion in prizes! The Loteria de Navidad offers incredible odds of winning any prize of just 1 in 7.
Spanish Christmas Lottery Interesting Facts:
- The lottery offers the largest prize pool in the world of €2.38 billion
- 100,000 available pre-defined numbers, each containing a five-digit code ranging from 00000-99999
- Each ticket is printed in 170 identical copies
- All tickets are made up of 10 shares which can be purchased separately
- 100,000 tickets * 170 copies * 10 shares = 170 million shares available
- 1:100,000 chances of winning the €4 million top prize – 170 jackpot ticket winners
- Attractive winning odds start at 1:6.5 per prize
- Altogether – more than 26 million shares are expected to win